Background: Landteam Property Investments Limited, a micro-sized company engaged in property investments, embarked on a journey to enhance energy efficiency and reduce operational costs. As part of their commitment, they participated in the SME Energy Efficiency Scheme (SMEES) to implement various energy-saving measures. The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) supported the project under the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme. Landteam Property Investments Limited underwent an energy efficiency audit, which identified the following key upgrades:
- LED Lighting Installation: Landteam Property Investments Limited opted for an LED lighting upgrade throughout their premises to improve lighting quality and reduce energy consumption.
- Air-to-Water Heat Pumps and Enabling Measures: To further enhance energy efficiency, Landteam Property Investments Limited installed air-to-water heat pumps and implemented enabling measures to optimise their heating system.
- Solar PV Installation: Landteam Property Investments Limited installed solar photovoltaic (PV) panels to harness clean and renewable solar energy for electricity generation.
Decerna, in collaboration with the client, supported the procurement process and provided grants of £26,933.50 and £20,332.24 towards the total project costs of the Air to Water Heat Pumps and Enabling Measures and Solar PV respectively.
Outcomes: The implementation of these energy-efficient upgrades resulted in the following outcomes for Landteam Property Investments Limited:
- Annual Cost Savings:
- LED Lighting: The LED lighting installation generated annual cost savings of £23,674.
- Air to Water Heat Pumps and Enabling Measures: The heating upgrade yielded annual cost savings of £4,048.
- Solar PV: The solar PV installation contributed to annual cost savings of £4,095.
- Carbon Emissions Reduction:
- LED Lighting: The upgrade reduced approximately 44.8 metric tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e) emissions annually.
- Air to Water Heat Pumps and Enabling Measures: The heating upgrade reduced around 23.1 tCO2e emissions per year.
- Solar PV: The solar PV installation contributed to a decrease of approximately 11.8 tCO2e emissions annually.
- Grant and Payback Period:
- Air to Water Heat Pumps and Enabling Measures: A payback period of 5.4 years.
- Solar PV: A payback period of 6.5 years.
Conclusion: Landteam Property Investments Limited successfully implemented multiple energy-efficient upgrades by participating in the SME Energy Efficiency Scheme. The LED lighting installation, air-to-water heat pumps, and solar PV system contributed to significant cost savings and played a crucial role in reducing carbon emissions. Landteam Property Investments Limited is a prime example of how small businesses can prioritise financial benefits and environmental sustainability by embracing energy-efficient solutions.
Please visit the overall case study for the project on the Decerna website here.
SMEES is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.