Decerna can undertake the management and hands on work of your smart home technology field trials.
We will ensure that the full process is project managed, taking the complexity of the scheme from your hands, so that you can concentrate on the detail of your technology. Our work includes;
- Detailed, transparent project management
- Participant recruitment
- Home surveys
- Installation of systems
- Daily reports on your trial
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection
- A call centre and one-hour breakdown services
- Complaints handling and resolution
We will interact closely with the field trial participants, giving a full customer journey, taking the headache of running a field trial from yourself, so that you can spend time using the data from the field trial to improve your product.
We undertake field trials ranging from ten to one hundred homes.
Previous work included the set up and running of the Energy Systems Catapult Living Lab 1.0 and 2.0 in Newcastle upon Tyne.
In addition, we can provide detailed testing of prototype systems
We utilise a wide range of software products, in order to undertake detailed analysis of the data from field trials, and can produce software to deal with the large quantities from large field trials.
We can liaise with the local DNO for large scale projects, such as heat pumps, where there may be grid connection issues.
- Smart home systems
- Smart heating systems (heat as a service)
- Heat pumps
- Gas boilers
- Domestic batteries
- Electric vehicles
We are experienced at working with people in a range of homes, from those in fuel poverty through to the opposite end of the socio-economic spectrum
- Energy System’s Catapult Living Lab 1.0 and 2.0
- Heating systems for the partially sighted
- First public independent test of a thermodynamic panel system
- Testing of gas boiler efficiency technologies (both domestic hot water and space heating systems)
- Testing of integration of solar thermal systems and condensing gas boilers working in parallel
- Heat metering air source and ground source heat pumps installed in properties in the North of England for the Department of Energy and Climate Change
- Creation of a new methodology for the testing of air source heat pumps
- Integration of multiple microgeneration technologies in a simulated building
- Programming simulations of renewable generators into a virtual power supply
- Monitoring fuel poor homes before and after energy efficiency interventions
- Monitoring of a domestic battery system
High voltage and offshore testing
Decerna originated as part of Narec. Whilst Decerna became an independent commercial company, Narec itself has now been merged into the UK Government’s Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult, and offers the high voltage electrical testing and offshore renewable device testing which Narec previously did. Please follow the links for more information on the Catapult.
- High voltage testing – https://ore.catapult.org.uk/testing-validation/facilities/electrical-infrastructure/
- Offshore wind turbine testing (blade testing and drive train testing) – https://ore.catapult.org.uk/testing-validation/facilities/blades/